Friday, May 28, 2010

Depressing...

Today is already the 14th day my mom been in the hospital. I’ve been here every day since from 9am to 8pm each day to see if there's any progress. She is still in the ICU and her status being monitored closely. Each day passes by and my mom’s condition is getting worst. All medication given to her to fight the disease seems to be not helping much. Doctors say the cancer cells are too aggressive and spreading fast. These deadly cells infect one organ to another. Before the doctors could solve an infected area another one just popped up. Now her blood counts are low and seem to have internal bleeding at times. Blood transfusion is given to stabilize her. When I see her during the visiting time, she is getting weaker and weaker. It is really depressing but I need to carry a smile whenever I see her.
I ask the doctors to do their best in getting her comfortable during her stay and I think that is the least we could do. Hope seems to be fading away as more negative issues were mentioned than good. My family members are now trying to accompany her as much as we could. Chat to her, smile to her and at times joke in front of her. What else can we do………………..

1 comment:

vteck said...

just heard of the bad news.
be strong my friend...