Saturday, September 1, 2007

Merdeka Eve Dinner

It was the Merdeka Eve and since it is a holiday the next day, we decided to have a celebration dinner of our own. Yen Sin with his sweet wife Ping Ping and myself with my lovely wife Tracy. We went to Bon Ton Restaurant at Jalan Conlay. This restaurant serves nyonya cuisines. We went early cause we do not want to be stuck in a jam but to our surpirse, the traffic was smooth. I have earlier on made a reservation just to be on the safe side but came to know that the restaurant wasn't packed. The whole building is like a wooden barn and the interior is very nice. We were seated and then given the menu. The lists was not long, with just some starters, soups and main dish. There were also set dinner too. We ordered a jug of beer, 3 set dinners and 1 main dish. After our meal, we move over to the sofa area near the bar to continue our night. Later on, Kevin and Rachel gave me a call and I invited them to come over for drinks. At about 10.30pm, they arrived and we ordered more beers. The dinner was nice and we had a wonderful time together. At about 11.30pm, received another call. This time Butt called and we decided to head over to my house for 2nd round. Paid the bill of a total amount of RM370.00. At my house, we had red wine and some chips to go with. The party then ended at almost 3am.

Bar Area

Set Dinner

Dining Area

Kevin And Rachel

Lounge

4 comments:

bantwan said...

it's really nice place, I wish I can join that day... hai~

Unknown said...

Hi Gary, my first comment to your blog !!..hehe..

won't jam.. coz everyone gather at theCurve and stadium merdeka :)

Very nice environment..i haven't been before. How's the food? delicious ?

Gary Liew said...

The food was not bad actually and the place setting was just nice. But it is not cheap also lar. You should go try it out one day with Kenneth or with me alone also can... heehee

ahPao said...

the place look cozy.. very nice.