Saturday, August 25, 2007

A day in retail

Hai... what a boring day it is today. Two of my retail staff went MC and it means that I have to be in my retail shop the whole day. Not much patrons today, I wonder why. Even the streets have lesser people than usual. Usually I often stand in front of my shop having a cigarette while watching girls walk by. But it seems like today all the pretty gals went on protest not to show up. Hahaha. The whole day I just sat there reading newspapers. Then i decided to go online and write up some blog. Too free. Business nowadays are not so good. Most of the customers just walk in, stroll around the place and then went off. Even if they purchase goods also 1 - 2 items only. That makes me start to think how am I suppose to sustain the business if this goes on. Although my business main income is on wholesale but retail is the upfront money with better profit margins. Oh.. for those who don't know me, I sell chinese tea.

Tea culture in Malaysia are still not so famous yet. Only those elderly people drinks and appreciates chinese tea. As for those youngsters, it is either coffee or alcohol. They are willing to pay RM10 - RM20 for a drink. But when it comes to chinese tea, even RM5 also say expensive. All the while, people have the impression that China products are cheap and not worth it. Not to blame them as I sometimes also have not much faith in China made goods. Research says that tea is the 3rd best health beverage. But still people opt for coffee which carries more unhealthy elements. Come on lar you guys out there, go drink alcohol, coffee and also chinese tea lar. Now that's fair, like me. I like them all.. hee hee.

I think I should do something about this. Need a way to promote chinese tea in Malaysia. Maybe a chinese tea cafe will do the trick with a blast of advertisements. But the risk involve is on the high side. Needed to plan in much more detail. Support chinese tea, support me... hahahaha.

"Health in a cup"

8 comments:

vteck said...

"watching newspapers"? he he...

Gary Liew said...

walau..sorry..suppose to be reading newspapers.. will ammend it.. hahaha

k p T a n said...

so hai

vteck said...

eh dun change leh... u change already ppl dunno what we talking about

Gary Liew said...

I also dunno what u talking abt... what watching newspapers?... blur...hahaha

bantwan said...

haha... no commend... :D

ahPao said...

Vteck : what "watching newspapers".. where got watching?? it's reading laa.. READING!! you old liau laa.. next time read properly..

PS Gary : Give me 5!! yea... wahkahkah... ^o^

Gary Liew said...

ah... i got supporter here.. hee hee... thanks pao