Saturday, September 13, 2008

Business Trip to Jakarta

8th September 2008
It was my 1st business trip to Jakarta, Indonesia and I’m an instant millionaire. We took a Holland airline called KLM there. Is is also my 1st time being served by a western stewardess. Since meals are provided, I had myself a bottle of Red wine. Hee hee. Food was ok but the stewardess is very pretty indeed. Reach Jakarta at about 6pm local time. Air transfer was provided and it is suppose to take us only 20 minutes to reach our hotel but instead it was 1 hour journey. Traffic was bad indeed. I think much worst in KL. Anyway, upon reaching our hotel and found out it is really a huge hotel. As we went into the hotel premises, our car was check for any bombs. They even open up the car door to look inside. I was told that all buildings in Jakarta had these kind of checks since the bombings. Then we needed to be scanned before entering the hotel lobby. Just like when we board a plane. What a tight security!

The lobby was quite amazing with lots of huge sofas and the stairway is very grand too. There were huge plant pots being place which make it a very comfortable scene. It is very busy hotel indeed as guest walks in and out. Later I was told it costs us about RM700 per night! I was shocked. Never stayed in a so expensive hotel. A key card was given to access the lifts to specific floors of to our room. The room was nice and spacious. It has a plasma TV and even a business working table. The bathrooms come with a shower and a bathtub that comes differently. The shower was those massaging showers where the water sprays to all parts of your upper body. Hope you get what I mean. Hee hee.


After placing our luggage we went straight to business as there is already a supplier waiting at the lobby. After an hour or so, we then head to a nearby shopping complex for dinner. Ah, my 1st meal in Jakarta. We went to the food court for more choices. We then chose to have local mixed rice. Food is not so good actually. It is either too SALTY or too SPICY. Yes, kinda hard to finish my plate actually. Then we walk to the local supermarket to see some teas they sell. After all that, we head back to our hotel since it is already 10.00pm. Had a shower and we head down to check out the bar. Ohya, during the fasting month, all entertainment outlets are not allowed to open for business. Only those in hotels are allowed to do so only. The bar in the hotel is still very empty at 11pm, maybe because it is a Monday night. So we decided to call it a day!

9th September 2008
Woke up early at 7am cause there will be another supplier that will pick us up at 9am. We went down for breakfast. The cafe serves lots and lots of food. There is western, japanese, oriental and local food. There is even dim sum too. Sushi was also served and I wonder if the Japanese really eat sushi for breakfast. The food was very good indeed. After that we went for our business matters so i will not go into that. We had lunch at local restaurant and again it was very SPICY. After a bite, I cannot stand it. Sweat rush down my head as i cough the hell out of myself. I only took vege only. Hee hee. Reach our hotel at 3pm to see another supplier and ended at 5pm. I went to rest and then at 7pm another supplier buying dinner. We had an oriental dinner just in our hotel. I thought to myself, finally a good meal and it turns out to be one. Had some beers since they are paying for it. hahaha. It all ended at 9.30 pm and we went again to the bar. Now at 9.30pm, the bar has already quite a few customers hanging around. Ordered a guiness stout that cost me RM24 a bottle. What the heck! Just drink ler. As I was cruising in the bar, I only realize most of the customers are ladies and they are without any drinks. Just standing there. Now I get it. hahaha. The quality isn't that great so I just enjoy the live band performing. Then suddenly a lady ask my cousin if he needs any company. After a few chats, the lady walks away. Asked my cousin and he told me she quoted him 1 million rupiah! That is about RM370. Way too expensive. After a few bottles, felt tired and there goes another night.


10th September 2008
Woke up at 8am and had breakfast. The food is the same as yesterday. At 9.30am, continued with my business schedule. Bla bla bla. Reach back hotel at 5pm. I went for a drink in the lounge while my cousin went for a massage. Ordered an ice coffee and it cost me RM22 leh! Then later on I only ordered for beers which only cost almost the same. We went to another shopping complex for dinner and later back to our hotel. It was 10pm and again I went to the bar. Now the bar is packed with people and realized that it is a ladies night. Wow. Damn lots of ladies leh. We men are outnumbered. 7 out 10 are ladies. I stood at the bar with my bottle of beer while checking out the scene. These ladies usually targets for westerners 1st and then only turn to Asian men. At about 11.30pm I decided to call it a day cause we need to get up early the next day.

11th September 2008
We woke up at 7am today and at 8am, we were off to the tea estate. The journey is about 2 hours drive. Was shown around the factory while a supervisor explains to us the process of teas. Took some samples and then went to our tea agent office in the noon. Blab la bla and time for us to head to the airport. Overall, a great business trip but a boring leisure trip.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Such a nice hotel, but everything so boring without me...:P
BTW, u forgot ur GORDON BLUE story....heheheh

Gary Liew said...

... dun wan to talk about it ler.. make me feel sad only... :(